Saturday 3 October 2009

Horror Questionnaire

To aid with my research I conducted a survey of 20 people by giving them a questionnaire consisting of ten questions. This survey will help me make various decisions about by project by discovering the age and sex of my target audience and also informing me to what the potential audience would like to see. These are a visual representation of my results:



Gender?


male

12

female

8

















Age?


13-15

6

16-18

8

19-21

2

22-30

2

31-40

1

40+

1


















What kind of Horror Film do you prefer?

Supernatural

2

Gore

4

Zombie

8

Slasher

6



















How Should a Horror Trailer make you feel?

Afraid

6

Curious

9

Knowledgeable

5


















Should the trailer be in Colour?

Colour

13

Black & White

7


























What location do you normally enjoy a Film to be set in?

Forest

7

Building

4

Beach

1

City

5

Lake

2

Other

1


















Would you like the main character to be in a group or alone?

Alone

7

With one other person

2

In a small group

9

In a large group

2



















Simple of Complicated Trailer?

Simple

14

Complication

6

















Analysis of results


The results from my survey imply that my audience would want the sort of film that I have envisioned, a simple trailer that leaves the viewer curious of the films full content wilst the films villain remains unseen. The questionare also gave me an insight into the content of my actual film if it were to be made, a film consisting of a small group of people set in a forest proved to be popular. This information allows me to research the techniques of similar films and thus allows me to use these popular codes and conventions in my trailer. The Target audience that this survey has been targeted at were mostly aged between 13 & 18 years old with a fairly equal balance of both male and female partcipants, this group of people are the sort of that I had already envisioned my film trailer attracting, seeing as although the horror trailer is popular with a large age group a great number of horror fans are usually teenagers or young adults. This research fits in with the ideas I had already had about my trailer, this is good news as it allows me to continue with my main ideas i have had for my trailer with no major changes needing to be applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment